This is such a hard time with the Holidays coming up. I MISS my mom sooooo bad. I just want to cry all the time!!! It sucks, I want her here. Ever since my mom past away, it has been so hard to believe. I'm not a religious person. But, at times I wish I had that extra comfort to help me deal with this. I think what is so hard is how Colton is growing and doing new things every day. I want my mom" the proud grandma" that she was, to see him.
Thanks to Joe I do get out most of the time how I'm feeling. It is just so hard to reach out and tell how I really feel, unless you have lost a loved one. I try not to talk about it because, others feel so bad and do not know what to say. Which is total fine, I would not expect anything from them. I know in my heart and I truly do believe that she will always be with me, just not physically. I miss you mom....I miss your smile that never left your face.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Missing my mom
Posted by shannan maio at 8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
So your blog looks way cute! I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. The holidays do that every time they come around. Know we are here for you (especially now that Art with Heart is over:) Nothing like working 20 hours in two days!) We love you!!!
Hey there, So sorry that the holidays have to bring up those memories of our loved ones that have passed. i want you to know you can call me and talk, it isn't weird for me to have you talk about it. I would love to help in any way... maybe a fun craft night? any ideas? I have to work 3-12's this weekend but then we could get together the next one? Let me know.
Oh my heck so now that I am bawling. You and I have had our talks and you know that I know exactly how you feel. You put it into words so well. It is something we will never understand. Holidays are really hard. Poor Max had to lend me his shoulder last night about my dad too. I always try to keep it short when I am upset about it because I dont want to be a burden to anyone. Your mom was so proud of you can Colton I cannot even begin to tell you. Everytime I saw her she would tell me what kind of bedding you were looking at for him or diaper bag! I remember when she came to the hospital to see Grace and she just sat and held her close and talked about when she was going to be a Grandma. I am so happy that she was able to be apart of Colton coming into this world. That is a huge blessing. I am so sorry Shannan. Like I told you before too I miss my dad more than anything but I could not imagine being without my mom. You have been so strong through it all.
My best advice is that you should talk about the feelings your having and not keep them inside. You need that therapy. I am always here for you and call me anytime to talk. If you are having a bad day...jsut call me!
Love you Shan,
Linds
Girly, I know how you feel. I'm sorry. =( Yesterday (Thanksgiving) my cousin was telling everyone that she was shocked we were ALL there for once. I just started bawling. I so miss my sissy during the holidays and it makes it so hard to get excited. So we've got to make it fun! Let's go shopping this week and do our girl's stuff that we would have done with Amy and your mom? Wanna? I love you Shan and am so grateful I have you.
Hey cute girl! I'm so sorry you have to go through all of that! Life just isn't fair! I'm glad you understand that most people don't really know what to say, cuz I am always so worried of saying the wrong thing when someone loses a loved one. All you have to know is that everyone you know cares about you and thinks about you during these hard times! It would be so hard, you are a strong girl! If you ever need to talk, I'm here!
Shannon,
This is Katie Howe, now Korte and I found your blog through Linzeys. I am so very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I remember her from a-many dance recitals and competitions. I remember a few years ago running into you and her at Tai Pan Trading Company. Again, I just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry for your loss.
I miss your mom lots! She is the whole reason we know each other. I am so proud of you for holding your head up high everyday, because I know if I were in your shoes it would be so hard. I am so happy to be your friend, and if there is anything that I can ever do to help you please let me know. Lets play this week, I will call you tomorrow!
Love you!
Lacey
Hello wonderful Girl.... I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. I know how close you were to your mother and not having her here for the Holidays I am sure is difficult. I know you are not religous but I will keep you in my prayers as you continue to go through this difficult time. Losing our loved ones is the hardest thing I think we go through in this life. It stinks just like what my Grandma is going through it is awful but I know she lived a full life. But unfortunately your mothers life was cut short. I love you Shannon and know I am always thinking of you.
On maybe a happier note. I am ready to have my baby. I am huge feel like I could pop anyday. But it is almost here. We still need to get together I know I keep saying that but I mean it. Soon....Love ya
Post a Comment