CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

MOTHER of the day

Okay, First off your going to be thinking " why is she telling this story,"
So we went to Home Depot for some Christmas shopping yesterday. Colton and I were in the check out line. On the shelve in line was a cute stuffed animal just calling for his attention. Colton was standing in the shopping cart and reached right for the animal and yes, that's right, he did a nice tumble forward. Right out of the cart. I was in shock, I didn't say word. I just picked up my screaming child, all but no noise was coming out of his mouth, just tears from his eyes. He could not catch his breath. I knew he was okay, because as soon as i held him he calmed down. I didn't really say anything until we went out to the car. I just sat there for a good five minutes, thinking" what the hell just happened" I was one of those who always said" I would never let my kid stand in the carts." WRONG...He loves to stand up. I'm just thankful nothing happened. So that's right I do deserve MOTHER OF THE DAY...It made me feel like crap..

8 comments:

Challise and Rusty said...

Don't worry.. Jayden won't go in the cart unless she is in the big part standing up. I am in the same boat with you. Me and Rossane are planning a dinner..I'll let you know when we go. I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER!!!

Yorgason Family said...

Oh sweetie.. you are so cute. Believe me I have had so many of those oh my gosh how did that happen days and unfortunatly I am sure you will have many more. My little Hailey is one who always gets me in a scare and I have to just understand our kids are tough thank heavans.

Stephanie said...

Oh, that is so sad. Not that he fell, kids do that, but that you feel so badly. It happens:) Remember when Nate fell down the porch cement stairs??....and then the next day fell off the porch into the bushes?? We should start our own Mommy Club!!:)

KKandKoKo said...

Don't you hate how your kids can make you feel so bad sometimes? I think every mom can feel your pain, kids are so hard to control, and when you try they end up throwing tantrums in front of everyone! I can't get Kohen to sit in the cart for the life of me...

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was on Lindsays blog and noticed your blog. Just wanted to say hi and see if you remember me from our high school dancing days?

The Webster Family~ said...

Hey cutie... All I can say is it happens to all of us. That exact thing has happened to me and Mayci. It feels much better to know I'm not the only one lol!
Mandi

Becca said...

I think Grace fell out of shopping carts 4 or 5 times. It's so scary. And people look at you like you are an idiot. Those little toddlers are just so quick sometimes

The Philpot Family said...

So funny. I can totally relate. I used to always say I wouldn't let my child act bad in stores and Gracie is the WORST in a store. She thinks that the grocery store is a big game of hide and seek, so I hear ya. I let her stand up in there too so all of us do it! You are an awesome mom!