CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

One year ago...

The phone call no one wants to answer or should I say a call that you don't expect. That's right one year ago on May 4,2008 I received the call that my beautiful mother passed away in her sleep, while vacationing in Moab. It seems like It just happened, I keep waiting for her to come home. It is still so hard to believe that she is not with us physically. She is in my heart and not a second goes by where I'm not thinking of her. I miss the phone calls everyday and most of all I miss her smile. She never took time for herself, she was always concerned if everyone else was being cared for. Colton was 9 months old when she passed and I just wish she could see how much he has changed. I love you mom and we all miss you. I hope you are smiling up in heaven and laughing at all the stupid things going on down here. We love you!

8 comments:

Kassie said...

It still breaks my heart and I can't believe your Mom is not here either. I LOVED your Mom, she was such an amazing person, and I am so sorry I wasn't there during your time of need. Her beautiful spirit lives on through you and Colton, I am thinking of you and your family today and always. LOVE YA

Rossanne said...

I was thinking about you and your mom this morning. I remember it being a year ago. My prays are with you.

Yorgason Family said...

Shannan, I am still so so sorry for the loss of your mom I cannot believe it has been a year since her passing. My thoughts and prayers are always with you and I know your mom is watching over you and is so proud of the wonderful wife mother and friend you are. Take Care sweetie!!!

Bryan and Veronica Grgich said...

Shannan, I cannot believe it has already been a year. Your mom was a second mom to me, and I cannot believe she is gone. I remember when my mom called to tell me the tragic news. Not a day has gone by in the past year that I have not thought of you. I never thought when I saw you at your moms funeral that the next time I saw you would be 7 months later at my moms. I just know that they are together up there having a wonderful time and watching over us. For sure they are doting over their grandchildren. Please know I am always here for you, and I love you!

Jake and Linzey Jordison said...

Shannan, I still can't believe that your mom isn't here with us. I can't believe it has been a year. Your post made me cry. I started thinking of all the dancing days with you and your mom. Hope to see you soon.

Caden and Lacey said...

Shannan, I can't believe its been a year. I think of her so much and how much she impacted my life. I sure do miss her. Caden plays with the dancing duck she gave him almost every day. It is so fitting because it is the Happy and you Know it song. We love and are always thinking of you. Call if you ever need to talk.

April said...

My heart still breaks for you. She was an amazing woman and I'm sure an even more amazing mom. I know we've said it a thousand times but let's get together already! E-mail me when you think would work for you.

The Hale's said...

I cannot believe it has been a year! I loved your mom. I am so sorry for your loss, it is so hard to lose someone so close to you- but especially your mom! She is definately watching over your cute family!!